This Privacy Statement sets out how National Property Management Pty Ltd ACN 101 445 970 and its related bodies corporate (NPM, we, our, us) collect and manage and disclose Personal Information and the steps we take to protect it. NPM understands you may be concerned about privacy. Accordingly this Privacy Statement has regard to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles as a reflection of our commitment to privacy in relation to any Personal Information collected by us.
Consent for Use of Personal Information
You consent to your Personal Information being used in accordance with this Privacy Statement by any one or more of the following:
– by communicating with us or by continuing to request our services, including but not limited to by attending our office(s), attending an open for inspection, making enquiries via internet, email or phone;
– providing us with your contact details and consenting in writing for such details to be conveyed to a mortgage broker or financier;
– by visiting our website or participating in an online enquiry through another medium; and
– by visiting any website or social media site established by us.
What is your Personal Information?
In the context of this Privacy Statement, the term Personal Information is any information or an opinion about an identifiable or reasonably identifiable person that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation and other details. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information.
What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
NPM may collect any of the following information about you if you are a current or prospective vendor, purchaser, tenant or landlord of a property serviced by NPM activities:
– contact details (including, name, address, telephone number and email address);
– personal information (age or birth date, profession/occupation/job title);
– driver’s license, passport or other form of identification;
– property ownership and/or occupancy details including details of properties sold, purchased, owned or leased;
– any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our business activities, client surveys, NPM website or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence (including social media);
– employment details such as your employment status, employer, salary, length of employment;
– other sources of income; and
– personal and financial referees whom we may contact about a tenancy application.
We may also collect some information that is not Personal Information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
Personal Information may be collected as a result of any of the following:
– when you make a general or specific telephone enquiry;
– when you engage us or discuss engaging us to provide services or advice to you;
– when you negotiate with us in respect of purchasing or renting a property;
– when you provide your details to us at an ‘open for inspection’ property or an auction;
– when we inspect a rental property or property for sale;
– when you provide to us or we collect your business card;
– when you visit our website and complete an on-line enquiry or a form for the purpose of requesting and/or accessing certain services on our website;
– when you send an email to us;
– from third parties such as credit reporting agencies;
– from publicly available sources of information; and
– through analysis of any social media conducted by us or by third parties on our behalf;
– your representatives with who we engage on providing services to you (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers);
– your employer;
– the National Tenancy Database (NTD) operated through Veda Advantage Information Services and Solutions Limited (Veda);
– law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
– referrals and recommendations from existing clients of NPM; and
– publically available sources of information or any other organisation where you have given your consent.
NPM collects your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, we may collect in various ways including the above or other medium or action.
How does NPM use your Personal Information?
Any Personal Information that we collect will be used by NPM to enable us to provide you with the services that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our functions as professional real estate agents and for the following purposes:
– supplying real estate and related services to you;
– providing quality assurance for our services and internal business practices;
– responding to your enquiries in relation to our business, products and real estate services;
– monitoring the performance of our business;
– marketing activities including email marketing, promotional and educative activities, including advising you about investment opportunities and other matters that we believe may be of interest to you;
– enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
– ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations;
– conducting appropriate credit checks; and
– referral to a mortgage broker or financier, subject to you written consent.
Can I remain Anonymous?
You can browse our website without providing any personal information, and you can access our real-estate advertising in various publications. However the majority of functions undertaken by NPM do require your Personal Information to be disclosed to us in order for NPM to provide the services sought by you.
What happens if NPM is not able/permitted to collect your Personal Information?
If you do not provide us with the Personal Information described above, some or all of the following may result:
– we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
– we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want; or
– we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
NPM may collect personal information so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
– to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
– to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
– to provide quality assurance for our services;
– to assess the performance of our website and other public mediums to improve the operation of the business;
– to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
– for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of NPM, its related bodies corporate, contractors, staff or service providers;
– for tenancy verification and identity purposes;
– to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
– to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
– to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
– to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
To whom do we disclose Personal Information?
We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law.
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following ways and purposes:
– of or incidental to promotion and marketing to you of our services or those of our business, business partners or affiliates, including but not limited to advising you about investment opportunities and other matters that we believe may be of interest to you;
– to media organisations, potential buyers or to existing or potential clients,
– to property inspection consultants, property valuers, business valuers, to owners corporations, to government and statutory bodies, financial institutions or financial products and services providers required to service your requirements;
– to the vendor of a property where you are a purchaser or a prospective purchaser;
– to other real estate agents or other third parties if required by a landlord or a landlord’s financier or legal representative, for the purpose of appraising or valuing a property;
– to potential tenants, to trades people and to other persons to whom we outsource functions of or incidental to acting for a landlord;
– to the general public when advertising or marketing your rental property (or your home if you are our tenant) including internet advertising or marketing, for the purposes of re-leasing or selling the property;
– to the landlord, referees, the relevant Bond Authority, other agents and third party operators of tenancy reference databases including where a tenant has failed to comply with any contractual obligations specified in the relevant tenancy agreement and to other sources necessary to identify and evaluate a potential tenant;
– to lending institutions, financiers, creditors, prospective franchisees and suppliers as permitted by the franchise agreement;
– to third party consultants who may from time to time manage our database or computer system;
– of or incidental to a sale of all or part of our business to a third party;
– as required by law, including where requested by police; and
– any other disclosure of or incidental to our carrying out our functions as professional real estate agents.
If NPM wishes to use or disclose any of your personal information in any other ways than described above, NPM will not do so unless it:
– has your express consent to do so;
– has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
– has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is required by law or to enforce the law.
Direct Marketing Materials
You acknowledge we may add some of your Personal Information to our databases and send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email. At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How can you access and amend your Personal Information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). NPM may charge you a reasonable fee to cover its administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. NPM will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
To obtain access to your personal information you will be required to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected, and be reasonably specific about the information you require.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
NPM will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within a reasonable timeframe. If for any reason NPM refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.